All patients must be registered at a Medical Facility in BFG (incl. SHAPE/Brunssum/Ramstein and other ISODETS)
Civilian Pattern Prescription Spectacles/Contact Lenses
A patient who would be eligible to receive optical vouchers towards the cost of prescription spectacles or contact lenses under NHS (England) arrangements may be provided with financial assistance from HQ BFG Health Service up to the amount of £70.00 (equivalent Euro rate calculated at the FFR at the time of expenditure). Service personnel will be issued, free of charge, with Defence Spectacles and as outlined at Note (2) below.
Leaflet HC12 provides NHS (England) guidance on eligibility which includes the following:
* Under 16 years old
* 16, 17 or 18 in full-time education
* Need complex lenses
Patients are advised to refer to leaflet HC12 for full details on eligibility prior to making a claim. For further advice please contact:
SO2 Performance Manager 1,
HQ BFG Health Service, Lake House, Catterick Barracks, BFPO 39
Tel: MIL - 94881 3282, Civ - 0049(0)521 92543282, DII(F): DPHC(BFG)-HQ-Per Man1-SO2
To claim a refund for spectacles/contact lenses:
* The Service Person (on behalf of their dependant) is to complete form BFGHS FIN01 (01/17) BFG V2 (obtained via the medical centre) and forward it together with a copy of the eye test prescription, glasses/contact lenses invoice and paid receipt to the address annotated on the FIN01F (01/17) form. Once the claim is approved by HQ BFG Health Service, the Service Person will be given the authorising UIN and unique reference code to enable them to claim the costs back via JPA.
* UKBCs, eligible contractor staff and their dependants are to complete form BFGHS FIN01F (01/17) UKBC V3 and HR Form 1108 (sections 1 & 3 for UKBCs only) and (sections 2 & 3 for contractors only) and forward these together with a copy of the eye test prescription, glasses/contact lenses invoice and paid receipt to the address annotated on the FIN01F (01/17) form. Once the claim is approved by HQ BFG Health Service, the HR Form 1108 will be posted to Defence Business Services to action.
(1) All personnel should contact their Medical Centre for information on how to obtain an eye sight test.
(2) Service Personnel should report to their Medical Centre for information on obtaining an eye sight test and the provision of Defence Spectacles.