Accessing Your Health Visitor in Germany
From 1st September 2019, Health Visitor services in Germany will be delivered in the following way:
- Your Health Visitor's name is Nina Upson. Nina will visit Westfalen every 4-6 weeks
- The Health Visiting service will continue to follow the UK's Child Health Programme
- You can attend a drop-in clinic, or call to book an appointment with the Health Visitor
- Your Health Visitor will also be available to support you via telephone or video call
If you wish to make an appointment or require a visit:
Contact Bielefeld Medical Centre on 0521 9254 3131 and the reception staff will book an appointment or arrange for the health visitor to call you back.
Health Visitor Drop-in Clinics:
These are held at Normandy Barracks Welfare Centre, Sennelager. Please call the Medical Centre for dates.
Your Health Visitor works closely with your doctor, and can provide advice and support with the following range of baby and childhood issues:
- Childhood Immunisations
- Monitoring growth & development
- Nutrition and feeding
- Sleep, routines and toilet training
- Behaviour management
- Parenting questions
If you have any concerns between your health visitors scheduled clinics, please call Bielefeld Medical Centre and request a call from the health visitor or book an appointment with your GP.