Registering as a new patient in British Army Germany

Serving personnel

Your electronic medical record should be available instantly, although it may take some time for your medical records to be sent from your previous unit. 

Dependants and entitled civilian patients

You will need to register as a patient before you can use the medical centre. To register you will be asked to fill in a new patient registration form for each member of your family (excluding serving members). You will not be able to book any appointments until you have been registered, so please register as soon as you can after moving. 

Find out who is entitled to use the medical centre services in the entitlement area of the website. 

Visiting relatives and friends

Visiting service personnel, close relatives of service personnel, UKBCs and authorised civilians who come to visit you may be entitled to some urgent treatment in the medical centre, you can find out more in the entitlement area of the website.

Visiting civilian friends are not entitled to any health care from the British Army Germany health service. They should carry an EHIC and take out travel insurance. 

Relatives should visit with all the regular medication they need for their stay. The medical centres only hold a limited list of the drug that are available in the UK. If the medical centre does not hold a particular medication, then relatives will be directed to a local German doctor to get medication at their own cost. 

Related information

Medical centre services

Am I entitled to medical treatment?

New Patient Registration Form

Making a complaint

Patient survey

Do you have five minutes? Why not fill in our primary care survey and tell us what you think of your local medical centre...