eConsult is now live for patients in Sennelager, SHAPE and Brussels. eConsult is a new online service where you can get information on your health concerns and interact with your medical centre team. eConsult can help you with self-care advice, prescriptions, requests for medical paperwork, appointments and can avoid unnecessary trips to the medical centre. The eConsult system will also determine if urgent help is needed and suggest how to seek urgent medical assistance if appropriate.
How to use eConsult
- Go to the eConsult Website
- Type the name of your medical centre and press “Enter”. Select your medical centre from the options
- Sign up to the service following the prompts provided. You will need to input a UK postcode—you can use HA4 6DQ
- The system may generate a pop-up saying “It looks like you’re overseas”, you can simply close this.
- Fill in the health questionnaire form
- Click Submit to send the form to the medical centre team
The medical centre receives your form and processes it accordingly. If the system advises calling an ambulance, remember to call 112 and not 999
You will receive a response from the medical centre before the end of the next working day advising you of the next steps. This may be a phone call, a face-to-face appointment, advice or a prescription.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
eConsult is an new online service where you can get information on your health concerns and interact with your medical centre team.
It is being rolled out to patients in Sennelager, SHAPE and Brussels.
- Self-care advice
- Pharmacy services e.g. prescriptions
- Requests for medical paperwork
- Requests for services such as appointments and immunisations
- Avoiding unnecessary trips to the medical centre.
The eConsult system will also determine if urgent help is needed and suggest how to seek urgent medical assistance if appropriate.
eConsult goes live in Sennelager and SHAPE Medical Centres on 04/05/2020.
eConsult will be available online from any de-vice and at any time of day. It can be
accessed by selecting your site at: http://patients.econsult.health
Once on the site, you fill in an online form and submit. You will receive a copy via email.
The system submits the form to the medical centre where it is reviewed by our staff, who will respond accordingly.
The medical centre will aim to respond to re-quests by the end of the next working day.
The medical centre may respond in a variety of ways, based on information provided or the urgency of the condition:
- If appropriate, an appointment with a clinician may be offered.
- You may receive a phone call from a clinician, because a face-to-face appointment may not be needed to resolve the issue.
- You may be directed towards the appropriate self-help advice.
- Please be aware—timings given will be in GMT (UK time).
We believe that eConsult will allow us to offer more convenient access to information and advice. It will allow us to prioritise patients who need more urgent care, or need to be seen face-to-face.
The eConsult service is secure and completely confidential. It is the leading online consultation provider across the UK, used in many NHS GP services. Information that you put into your online form on eConsult is handled by medical centre staff in the same way as all other confidential medical information.
You will need to know the name of your medical centre. You don’t need any special equip-ment, you can use eConsult using your smartphone or laptop.
You should use a UK postcode when entering your location. You can use the UK BFPO postcode (HA4 6DQ) for this purpose if needed.
eConsult allows you to seek advice from the medical centre or help manage your own condition at all hours of the day, from any location.
The service will make interacting with the medical centre more convenient. You may not have to come into the centre to get help. This could avoid leave from work or the discomfort of an unnecessary journey.
If the problem can be treated without an appointment, it can save a trip to the medical centre. Instead a clinician may call to dis-cuss the next steps or arrange for tests be-fore a face-to-face
Your medical centre team is still here for you, and still delivering the same excellent stand-ard of care to all of our patients. The medical centre phone numbers are staying the same, so you can still call us if you want to. You can still give us feedback in the same way, using the patient survey and traffic light slips in the medical centre, and all of our patient will continue to benefit from short waiting times.