medical records

Your Medical Records

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

You have the right to access your medical records. Under MOD policy, the LLP is obliged to provide information to you on only one , so if you do request them, please ensure you request them for the right reasons.

In the following situations, you do not need to request a copy of your medical records:

Posted to the UK

If you return to a Defence Medical Services practice they will have access to your full medical record as soon as you register. If you return to an NHS practice, once you de-register from the medical centre in British Army (Germany) a full copy of your medical notes will be sent recorded delivery to the holding practice in the UK. Once you register at a UK practice your notes will be forwarded to your new practice. Your UK practice will not accept a copy of records from a patient, as the integrity of the records cannot be guaranteed. No appointment is needed.

Leaving the Army and returning to the UK

This follows the same process as being posted to the UK. No appointment is needed.

Ongoing or Complex Care and returning to the UK

The GP from your medical centre here in Germany can send a short summary to your new UK practice, or communicate directly with your new GP if required; this will enable your treatment to continue prior to your notes arriving. Mental Health, physiotherapy and all other specialities can also arrange similar handovers to the equivalent clinical speciality in the UK. An appointment with your GP is needed, to facilitate the transfer of care.

In a medical emergency, call 112 and then the hospital hotline number 0800 5889936 or 0049 521 305 3960 (from UK mobile or outside Germany). so that we can provide any support you may need.

Posted to Canada or Cyprus

Practices in these locations have the same electronic patient records system, for both serving personnel and their dependents, therefore they can be accessed easily in these commands and no special arrangements are needed.

Needing information for an insurance claim

Please contact the medical centre for advice. No insurance company will accept documents you may provide to them personally. They will contact the medical centre for any documents they need.

Needing information for a legal case

Medical documents requested by yourself cannot be used for legal purposes. Your solicitor will formally request a copy through DPHC (O) Fwd. NWEHC.

Medical Board Information

Please make an appointment with a GP for 30 minutes to enable them to go through any queries you may have prior to your Med Board.

Needing Vaccination History for Schools

Please make an appointment with a Practice Nurse who will print you a copy of your child’s vaccination history or will assist with any documentation that needs to be completed.

The Lead Medical Administrator will be happy to provide you with any help or guidance you may require. Please do not hesitate to ask. If it will benefit you, they will suggest you make an appointment with a suitable clinician to discuss your case.