Information for SHAPE & Brussels Registered Patients
you have recently been to China or to another country* with sustained transmission of Covid-19, or if there is someone in your immediate entourage who is ill and has been to those areas or has COVID
you have or develop any of the following symptoms within 14 days of returning:
- Shortness of breath
You should seek medical advice over the phone.
DO NOT come to the Health Care Facility or go to any Emergency Departments
- During working hours: Call the medical centre +32 (0) 65 44 5824 and inform them of your travel history and your symptoms. A receptionist will arrange for a clinician to call you back to discuss the current guidance and offer support.
- Outside working hours: Telephone the Hospital Hotline on +49 (0) 521 305 3960
To prevent contamination of others, you must stay at home until you have been contacted by a clinician.
*China, Macau, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Myanmar, Republic of Korea, Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Taiwan, Laos, Iran, Northern Italy
This is coherent with local NATO and Belgian guidance and may differ slightly from other nations.
Simple actions you can take to help avoid the spread of influenza, coronaviruses or other viruses:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel (alcohol based) if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Wearing face masks to prevent coronavirus infection, only makes sense in hospitals where patients with the coronavirus are treated and in laboratories where specimens of these patients are tested. For the time being, wearing face masks in public places has no added value at all.
For more information and up to date advice for people living in Belgium visit: https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/
If you are advised to self-isolate: